Valentine’s Day & Breast Cancer

Is Your Favorite Word Huh? Mark Alyn talks about his life before hearing aids!


Autumn Huiit did not have a very good Valentine’s Day in 2017. That’s the day she was diagnosed with breast cancer, as she shared with Late Night Health’s host Mark Alyn. Three surgeries (including a double mastectomy) later, this Kentucky gal has a new set of boobs for the second half of her life. She refers to them as the California “welcome” package! Autumn is grateful to Susan G. Komen. She will be taking a drug they helped fund, Tamoxifen, for the rest of her life. She credits the organization for helping to save her life. That’s why she’s More Than Pink and will be at Dodger Stadium on March 9 for the LA inaugural MORE THAN PINKWalk™.

Autumn is one of many survivors who attribute their lives directly to the timely diagnostic services Komen funds and nearly every survivor has benefited from treatments and technology developed through Komen’s research efforts, just as she has. Susan G. Komen is the only organization that dedicates 75% of net proceeds to the community in which it was raised. The remaining 25% of the net funds raised support Komen’s National Research Program, which is regarded as the most innovative and responsive grant program in breast cancer research.

About Susan G. Komen® and Komen Los Angeles County

Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Komen was founded in 1982 by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Komen Los Angeles County is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen MORE THAN PINKWalk™Komen Los Angeles County has invested $10,535,590 in community breast health programs in Los Angeles County and has helped contribute to the more than $920 million invested globally in research. For more information, call 310-575-3011 or visit

Here Autumn’s story here:

Valentine’s Day & Breast Cancer

Valentine’s Day & Breast Cancer Part 2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *